Houston Coding Boot Camp
Become a Web Developer
in 24 Weeks
Houston class starts August 6, 2018
at Norris Conference Center
Why Learn Web Development at The Houston Coding Boot Camp?
- Benefit from a wide range of career services to position you for success through graduation and beyond.
- Build a portfolio of web applications to showcase your knowledge.
- Study part-time while maintaining your work schedule.
- Access the Coding Boot Camp’s network of employer partners and career services to support your transition into web development.
*The material covered in this course is subject to change due to market demand.
Web Development is one of the fastest growing careers in today’s economy with a projected 27% growth rate by 2024.* The Houston Coding Boot Camp was designed to help students to develop the skills and network needed to capitalize on this high-demand career track.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics.
What You Will Learn
- Students will learn a full stack, including the skills needed to become proficient front- and backend developers.
- Students gain access to a tutor network, allowing them to get help both inside and outside the classroom.
- Students receive career-planning assistance, including:
- Portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, technical interview training, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- Access to a dedicated Profile Coach and Career Director that will work with you throughout the program and prepare you to be Employer Competitive.
- Students will also gain industry insights through Tech Talks—quarterly online panels with local industry professionals.
What Graduates Receive
- Graduates benefit from a Project Demo Day—quarterly networking event with local professionals to showcase their final projects.
- Continued one-on-one career coaching with your career director post-graduation.
- A certificate from UT Austin, showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
- A robust portfolio of projects to demonstrate your working knowledge of web development.
About The University of Texas at Austin
Like the state it calls home, UT Austin is a bold, ambitious leader. Ranked among the biggest and best research universities in the country, UT Austin is home to more than 51,000 students and 3,000 teaching faculty. Together they are working to change the world through groundbreaking research and cutting-edge teaching and learning techniques. Here, tradition and innovation blend seamlessly to provide students with a robust collegiate experience. Amid the backdrop of Austin, Texas, a city recognized for its creative and entrepreneurial spirit, the university provides a place to explore countless opportunities for tomorrow’s artists, scientists, athletes, doctors, entrepreneurs and engineers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the dates of Houston Coding Boot Camp?
- Classes begin August 6, 2018 in Houston
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30-9:30 PM, and Saturdays, 10 AM – 2 PM
- Can I keep working while studying at Houston Coding Boot Camp?
- Yes. The non-credit certificate program is designed for working professionals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement.
- How long is Houston Coding Boot Camp?
- Students will complete the program in six months.
- Where are the classes held?
- The classes are held at the Norris Conference Center in Houston.
- Do you provide career planning support?
- Yes. We offer all of our students career support and coaching, including portfolio reviews, resume assistance, and technical interview training. In addition, we offer students experiential learning opportunities to strengthen their portfolio.
- Do I need to have previous experience in programming before enrolling?
- No, our pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for our program.
- What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in Houston or elsewhere?
- We offer a part-time program that allows working professionals to study web development without leaving work.
- Students benefit from a robust set of professional development services to prepare them for success as they work to advance or change careers.
- Our curriculum is built based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the Houston market.
- Is this program offered in other locations?
- This program is currently offered in Houston and Austin. If you are looking for more information on the Austin program, please visit the Austin website.